Peter Stöger distances itself from Germany return: Not on my to-do

Long, the rumors around a return from Peter Stöger to 1. FC Cologne were long in the summer. However, this decided for the Hungarian serial master Ferencvaros and now explained to the picture, that there were quite discussions with the German club.

Alexander Wehrle, Horst Heldt and I had thought about the story, because at the FC the coaching office was free. That was of course interesting. There was exactly a conversation, a very respectful conversation, in which everyone quickly became clear that it was not consistent It was to pull it at this time. That I did not come back to the 1st FC Cologne, was the right decision for everyone, Stöger said.

Anyway, a return to Germany is not planning the Austrian coaches. I've had that, that was exciting, that was nice, I had two mega clubs. That's why it may be that someday, I'm not on my to-do list again, Stöger said and said added: I will not accept anything just to be back in the German Bundesliga.

On Thursday, the ex-Austrian will meet with its new club Ferencvaros in the Europa League group stage on Bayer Leverkusen. Since the qualification to the champions shortly before the target in the play-off failed, the Hungarians want to prove their skills at least in the second most important club competition in Europe.

Articles and videos about the topic Experience top sport live on Dazn. Get your free month now!

Stöger knows the coming opponent very well from his time in the Bundesliga. I was hoping for an interesting group. And I was a bit hoped for a German opponent. That's why that's a nice lot, Stressed the 55-year-old.

Comments